Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, December 12, 2011

Info Post
In the spirit of both "keeping it real" and "real time blogging", I thought I would give you a glimpse into the progress {or lack there of} in our recent Master Bedroom/Guest Bedroom switcharoo.

Try to stay with me as I confuse myself and all of you...

If you have been following me for awhile, you may remember that once upon a time we finished our basement, and had a Master Bedroom:


and a Guest Bedroom:


I look back at these pictures and realize how much my style has evolved and changed over the last year and a half.  In fact, it makes me chuckle a little...

Then our lower level flooded, causing us to relocate to the upper level for over a year while we renovated.  Naturally, the hubs and I took over the previous guest room.


We tried to use most of what we had, gave the walls a new coat of paint and made some tweaks to the space to make it a haven in the middle of renovation chaos.


And as I mentioned recently, our renovation of the lower level {new floors, trim and doors}, was complete enough for us to return back to our original surroundings!

Because the guest room now has a fabulous closet desk {which is staying for our guests and as our own personal retreat}, we are keeping our previous master bedroom bedding and belongings in that room since it all works together in harmony!


We never had nightstands in our guest room previously, so I just popped a stool in there for now, until I can do something better.


And the headboard got a quick face lift from the original guest bedroom headboard.  Just a quick coat of white paint, and some new clearance fabric and it feels like a whole new piece!


Which gives us a guest bedroom before and after that looks like this:


However, because we used our master bedroom bedding upstairs, we have a brand new blank slate downstairs!


I would love to add a chandelier.  The hubs said, "No stinkin' way!"  How do I convince him?  Although maybe practical, I just don't love ceiling fans...



Before and after?


So much potential!

Here is my current master bedroom inspiration:

{source}
Love the symmetry, wall detail and mirror!

{source}
But wall paneling and gallery style framed artwork is pretty fantastic as well!

{source}
This bedding is fab.  I really want to add a subtle grellow to the space, this would be the perfect way!
 
There you have it!  An up to date update.  Stay tuned as we continue to make both of the rooms feel more "finished", and of course, on a budget!

Anyone been working on making over a bedroom lately?  Where are you finding your inspiration?  Anyone doing some last minute guest room updates to get ready for holiday entertaining?



0 comments:

Post a Comment