Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Info Post

The first ever IHeart a Humble Meet and Greet has already come and gone!


I personally think that it was a pretty perfect evening.  I was so excited to get to meet some of my local readers in person!  I really wish I could do it more often!  Such lovely gals!  Thank you endlessly to those who stopped by!

We met at a local Goodwill to scour for some thrift store goodies.  I think I spent more time being chatty than actually digging, which was totally cool with me since I was in such good company!

I didn't snap too many pictures, but we thought it would be funny to grab the most interesting "what NOT to buy" thing we could find in the store and have a complete stranger take our photo.


I was actually excited about my find, it was a wall plaque exactly like one I had in my room as a child.  Mom, this is for you:


Seriously though, such a fun group of gals! I am already counting the days until the next meet and greet can occur!  Next time, it won't be over a holiday and you will got much more notice so more of you will be able to make it out!

Some lovely ladies scored big time!  I am so excited to see what they come up with in the "Trash to Treasure" challenge that I posed.

Wait, what?  A challenge?  That's right.  I put these ladies to work!  Everyone who came out to visit was given a task.  We all found one thing in the store to make-over, and then we will share all of our before and afters within a post right here on the blog!  Time for us to get creative and crafty with our Goodwill finds!  {To those participating, all project details and photos will be due by Saturday, January 21st}.

And even if you couldn't stop by in person on Tuesday night, no worries, you can still join in the fun!  Monday, January 23rd, I will be hosting a Trash to Treasure link party, in which I will share our projects and encourage you to do the same!  So pop into your local thrift store{s} and find something good that you can make better, and be ready to share it with us!  It can be anything for organizing, for the home or even to wear.  The point is to be creative and crafty and have a good time!  I can't wait to see what you all come up with, I have a feeling there are going to be some pretty fabulous makeovers!

Here is what I have to work with for this challenge:


A wooden tray that was originally $2.99 but I got it for 50% off because it was seasonal decor.  So I paid $1.61 after tax.  I am so excited to get started on it!

Anyone working on a thrift store makeover as we speak?  What has been your most prized thrifty find to date and why?  And to you sweet gals that I was able to meet on Tuesday, feel free to pop over an email so we can stay in touch, and to let me know what you thought of the meet and greet along with any ideas/suggestions you have for the next time around! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment