Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, December 1, 2011

Info Post
As you know, we took a little studio break to work on the playroom.  It was an emergency.  It's getting pretty cold here and the kids needed a happy place to play.  Mom needed that too.

But I the studio definitely hasn't been forgotten.  I spend many many hours in that space and I have endless ideas and plans that I am itching to implement.  But one day at a time, I must keep telling myself!

When I last left you, it was looking like this:


And we had just hung up a coat hook to keep my camera bags and sweaters off of the floor:


The wall above the coat hook has been sitting empty and I have been pinning art ideas on Pinterest and trying to think of the most effective way to utilize the wall space.

Then, I stumbled across some acrylic wall shelves, which are basically shelves intended for displaying greeting cards.  Bingo, just what the empty wall was waiting for!

And no, I didn't recently become obsessed with creating, collecting and displaying greeting cards.  But I do have an obsession for great home and storage books and magazines.  See where I am going with this?

A couple of wall anchors later, we had some installed shelves!


Which I just quickly filled with some of my favorite reads!



I love that the shelves are clear, so it almost appears as the books are floating on the wall!


And I get quick access and a great view of some of my favorite inspiration, in what is supposed to be my most inspiring space!  And I can easily switch out and freshen up the display as I wish! 


In other studio news, I still haven't painted the dresser.  But I did move it!


I had a color picked out.  I even purchased it.  I really did.  But I decided that I only want to paint that dresser once, so it's actually going to be one of the last things I work on in the space.  And I used the paint on some playroom projects instead {if that gives you indication of the color I almost went with}.  I think I may start looking at some wallpaper samples for the back focal wall to give the room a major wow factor.  Any suggestions you have are welcome!

At any rate, it's all these itty bitty progress projects that get me even more excited to keep the ball rolling!

Lets chat about great reads that provide inspiration.  Any recommendations for a book lovin' gal like myself?  Even though Pinterest and the blog world can take over my days, nothing beats flipping through the colorful pages of a fantastic book or glossy magazine! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment