Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, December 15, 2011

Info Post
Christmas is getting closer and closer!  Have you been getting all sorts of smiley faced cards in the mail?  That's one of my favorite parts of every day.  Seeing the sweet holiday cards that pop up in our mailbox.

But figuring out a great way to display them or what to do with them is always a bit of a challenge.  This year, I did a little holiday organizing post for Centsational Girl, and included a couple of greeting card display ideas...

Since I was completely stuck and lacking great wall space, I decided to pull inspiration from those ideas.

I started out with our pantry door...


{Sorry, the following pics were shot at night as it gets dark here around 4:00 and most projects are completed after that....ew, I know}

We tied a piece of ribbon to the over the door organizer on the opposite side of the door:


Then, layered in a second ribbon for texture:


I rolled regular gift wrapping tape and stuck it behind the first ribbon, to not only hold it in place, but also to add as door protection as I hot glued the blue ribbon to it.

I knew right away, it was going to come together swimmingly, but somethings wasn't right.  It needed a "star" so I found a felt snowflake and hot glued that to the top.


Of course, a plain ribbon running center of a door isn't all that fantastic.  The magic happens when you start adding cards to it!

You could do this all sorts of ways, clips, clothespins, hot glue?  We had some Loctite in the drawer right next to the door, so that's the first thing I grabbed for.


I just rolled up little balls of the putty and stuck it right on the ribbon.  Then pushed the cards down right on top of it.

Worked like a charm!



They hang very flush against the ribbon and door...


And because they are in the kitchen, I can enjoy them for the next couple of weeks, and stop and smile with each and every passing by!


The felt snowflake at the top was the perfect touch!


As far as the holiday cards that don't have family photographs, I keep those to look at throughout the holidays as well, they are in a mail bucket by the front door.


How are you displaying the holiday love this year?  Did you go with some inspiration found as well?


0 comments:

Post a Comment