Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Info Post

Last week, I shared the plans I created of my dream deskThank you all for your sweet comments about Excel, I will definitely see if I can whip up a quick tutorial on how I made the diagram.


Although the holidays were in full swing, I had to get a little project time in.  Just. Couldn't. Wait!

And you guys guessed it.  Some EXPEDIT bookcases were involved in my vision.  The main reason is because my kiddo's school paperwork boxes fit them perfectly.  They have deep shelving and are so versatile.  I love that I can later add drawer and cabinet fronts as well, making them even more functional for my office, yet easy to "hack" and DIY for the hubs.  Win win for us!

While Preston and I finished assembling the bookcases, Bryan got to work installing the wainscoting.  We purchased two 4'x8' pieces that we cut down to size and air nailed to the wall.


Once nailed, we caulked the holes and taped the outer edge so I could get started painting right away!


I wanted to paint the wainscoting to soften the finish a bit and add a little visual interest.  But I didn't want it to get too dark since there is no natural light, so I went with a really soft gray.  In fact, I adore our laundry room gray walls so much, I went just one shade lighter, and used Behr's Reflecting Pool.

Can you tell?


It's so subtle in photos, and in person as well, but it's pretty perfect in the space and I LOVE the slight contrast against the white bookcases.

We installed a floating shelf {also from IKEA}...



Popped a piece of melamine board on top and pushed it all together to get a visual of how it's coming along!


We are going to add base trim to the bottom when we wrap up the trim in the lower level, I tossed a scrap piece down just to see how that will look also...


Just seeing it all pushed together {not yet affixed to the wall} makes me beyond excited to push forward with this project!  It's so much fun to bring the vision to reality!



We have a plan for the desk.  We actually sold our other one to my bff who just moved into a new house, so I am "deskless" until we get this project finished.  Fingers crossed we keep moving along without running into any problemas, and hopefully I will have another update with a completed work surface soon!

Am I the only project crazed gal that snuck away for a quick fix over the holidays?



0 comments:

Post a Comment