Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Info Post
Does my labeling madness ever end?  I wonder that often...

Here is the story of the labeled playroom wall...

I went thrifting and found this super fantastic sunburst mirror:


I know that the rustic-ness of it all may be appealing to most, but I couldn't wait to paint it.  Sorry, I know some of your are cringing...

This was WAY back when we were doing the bedroom moulding project... I thought I would paint the mirror and use it above the bed... maybe add some letters?


When the time came, it was a bit cheesy for me.  The word LOVE above our bed was adorable, but it looked like it belonged in a little girls room, we ended up just borrowing the living room mirror for a bit and loved that so much more.


What to do, what to do?

Then, I started working on our playroom.  I really want to add storage, add better seating and pull the whole space together and call it donzo!  We painted the entertainment center....


But something was still missing and I knew exactly what is was.  The letters!

The kids boo'd me about using the white "Love" letters.  So did the hubs.  And they were right.  It's a playroom after all.  And it's for little guys...

So, we brainstormed other word ideas, BOYS... TOYS... Toys!  Toys it was.  Because that is what the room is all about!


So out came the wood letters and spray paint:


Two coats later the color dried so nice!  Loved it!  {To spray paint the mirror, I just cut a piece of newspaper down to size and stuck it inside the ring of the mirror, a little paint got on the mirror, but it was easy to carefully scrape off with a razor blade once the paint was completely dry.}


We just used a level and some picture hanging command strips to pop those babies up on the wall.  Even renters can enjoy this fun project!


It adds such a fun element to the room!


The wooden letters are 12" and were found at JoAnn's for around $5.99 each {but the hubs and I each used a 40% off coupon!}

Making for a fantastically fun wall labeled before and after!

BEFORE:


 AFTER:

Have I gone too far?  What's the craziest thing that you have labeled?

0 comments:

Post a Comment