Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, April 16, 2012

Info Post
As you have probably guessed by now, I love a good, big project.  It seems as though we have been doing quite a few around here, trying to finish up the lower level and all...

But sometimes I get even more excited about those simple, little projects.  Things that don't cost much, don't take much time, are simple and yet yield a happy organized result.

Awhile back on a vaca I had purchased a small container of Q-Tips.  And it's funny because since that day, I have been determined to find a use for that sweet little plastic case...


There was no way I would be tossing it to the curb once the Q-Tips were gone.  Sometimes leftover product packaging is my favorite organizational supply.  The wheels were spinning.

I tried to put my gift cards in it.  It was like a milli-inch too small.  Whomp whomp....

Then, I had that moment of "Ah Ha".  Love those moments!


Does that tangled mess look familiar?  Ear buds.  We have five sets of those floating around our home.  And they are typically a tangled mess and hanging out in the totes that we use when traveling in the car.

I had googled around for ear bud cases in the past, only to find they typically run around $5 or more, and times 5 that is around $25 for the whole fam to wrangle some cords.  Not on my watch...

So, I tucked the ear buds inside the plastic Q-Tip case and they FIT!


And you know what I did after that?  Went back to Target and snagged four more cases of Q-Tips, for $.97 each and made one for each member of the family {and it's not like we won't use all those Q-Tips...}.

But, the case was missing something.  Raise your hand if you want to take a guess at what!


I used my Silhouette to cut out a quick headphone decal, because I am a nerd like that.

The coolest part, they sell the cases in blue or pink.  So I got a pink one!



No more tangled ear bud cords in my purse or my travel tote.  Ditto for the rest of the fam.  And all for under five dollars plus oodles of Q-Tips!  Win.

Who else enjoys hoarding cute packages and containers, to use for free storage?  Anyone else by something just for it's super fabulous packaging?





0 comments:

Post a Comment