Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, April 19, 2012

Info Post
Last month when I was making over the a bedroom for a super sweet little lady, I noticed a super fantastically organized room.  A homeschool room!  It was amazing, so I asked if I could give it a quick "raid" while I was there and share the goodies with you!



I know I have a lot of homeschooling mamas reading so I couldn't wait to share this extremely functional space!

Here is what Becky had to say about their space:

"Our homeschool room is one of the most organized rooms in our home. Thanks to IKEA, and a little organizing and labeling on my part, we have a great space in which to educate our children. Of course, we end up learning all over our house but having this room as "school organizing central" has been a real blessing. We use IKEA's Trofast furniture as well as a large Expedit to store our most-used books and supplies. Let me take you on a little tour!

We have two Trofast frames with bins under the window.


We use these to house manipulatives for busy pre-schoolers. Some of our favorites are Magna-Tiles, play food, and stacking pegs. I rotate these toys once in awhile to prevent boredom, but I went ahead and labeled them anyway as many of our favorites tend to stay in rotation.



I also give each child a drawer to keep some of their own personal items in....favorite pencils, artwork in progress. I have three bins labeled for library books as well.

Next up we have our Expedit. I am a huge Expedit fan! The four cubbies on top hold our current workbooks, textbooks, etc. I divide these by subject so I can quickly grab what I need. Math in one. Language arts in another. You get the idea. I also use white boxes {again, from IKEA} to hold other miscellaneous items such as craft supplies and books I plan on using eventually.


A Thirty-One tote combined with a file holder is the perfect way to corral monthly lesson planning papers.

 Working our way around the room, I have more Trofast!


In the lower unit we keep paper, painting supplies, coloring books, etc. All labeled so everyone knows where to find things. White paper in one bin, construction paper in another.....it is so well organized that it actually ends up staying that way, which is pretty miraculous around here!


On the wall, I have a mounted Trofast frame. LOVE this! We keep more art supplies here. The cute little bins are super easy for the kids to grab. They hold markers, dot markers {we love these!} crayons, colored pencils, glue/scissors, and stickers. If the kids need markers, they take the whole bin to the table, and then just slide it back into place when their done.


We purchased our small table and chairs from School Outfitters. Oh, and the gumball machine was purchased from Amazon. Some days it's nice to have a little extra incentive to maintain cheerful attitudes!

Thanks for taking a peek at our school room! It works well for us and we are so grateful to have it."


Do I have the best job or what?  Seriously, getting to work with such fun and incredible people and having the opportunity to crash and "raid" their organized spaces!  Love.

Isn't Becky's setup adorable, functional and fabulous?  I just may try to enroll in her school next year, such a great space to learn!  In all seriousness though, she has a system that makes it easy to keep the room organized, because when you are teaching/learning all day, the last thing you want to worry about are giant messes and organizational struggles.

So what do you think?  Anyone take away any tips or ideas from today's raid?  What tips can you give to other homeschooling families, that are offering you success in your own homeschool?

Have you been getting your organizing on?  Are you interested in letting me raid your newly organized space and share it right here on the blog?  Do you live in the Twin Cities area?  Submit your story and some photos to iheartorganizing@gmail.com!

0 comments:

Post a Comment