Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, January 31, 2011

Info Post
Tomorrow is the first day of February.  Just in case ya didn't know.  And needed a reminder that the first month of the year has already come and gone in the blink of an eye...

I have been having a blast peeking at all of the linked up projects thus far, from January's project paper!  We have had some busy folks!  From what I have seen just from poking around {tomorrow night I will actually be heading off to read each and every link up!}, individuals have come up with some incredible ideas, from using binders and expandable files to creating message stations on their counter-tops!  So much to be seen and great ideas being shared!  Which is causing me to have a giant smile plastered across my face as I type this.  Which is causing my hubs to give me weird looks.  One more day to link up my friends!  A special thank you to everyone participating in the fun!! 

I have gotten mucho requests to do another challenge in February.  So I picked one that I could participate in right along with you.... one that has been near and dear to my heart, yet incredibly neglected and out of control.  And that means it has been eating away at my gut more and more each day.... PHOTOS!


That's right.  Many of you following through my family and photography blog, know IHeart my camera and taking pics.  Of my kids.  Of my family and furry friends.  Of my organizing projects and house.  Of nature.  Of pretty much anything and everything!  Which then means that I have OODLES and OODLES of digital files built up in, you guessed it, OODLES AND OODLES of folders.  Both on my desktop {gasp} and my external hard-drive. 

I am a preacher of keeping photos stored on an external hard-drive, and then also backed up on CD's in either a Fire Safe or Safe Deposit Box or External Web Storage.  However, I do not practice what I preach.  Well, I do, but those files are like two years old.  In the last two years, I have not practiced what I preach.  I got behind in my organizing and got overwhelmed at the thought of catching back up.  So each day, new folders are created, more storage is lost and finding things becomes a headache.  And because IHeart each moment I capture, the thought of losing any of it makes me ill.  Like major loss of sleep ill.  Which is why it's time to do something about it.  And I am excited many of you are wanting to do the same!  You are not alone, and I know I am not either!

So, here is the list I have come up with so far {many based on your questions and inquiries}, when it comes to topics to touch on this month:
  • Organizing digital photos
  • Organizing printed photos
  • What type of camera/lenses I use
  • Organizing equipment
  • Backing up digital photos
  • Photo books/albums
So today, to kick off this project, I wanted to ask what other topics you would like to see this month when it comes to photos and this project?  Of course, I may not have the answers to everything, but I will do my best to try and consider all of your current "photo dilemma" topics.

So pop in a comment letting me know if you are excited for this month's project, pledging to take the "Project Photography" plunge, or any questions you have regarding the subject!

0 comments:

Post a Comment