Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, January 6, 2011

Info Post
You all know me.  My tastes are always evolving, I find new inspiration, and move things around like a crazy mad lady, ALL THE TIME!

So of course, this should come as no surprise to you, I updated my main bathroom, AGAIN!  And I forgot to share the goods with you until I saw a linky party happening over at Centsational Girl that is forcing me to get off my bum and show you the goods.


First, please let me explain myself, since I am sure you are thinking, "this gal is nuts!"  When you aren't happy with something, you should do something about it.  So I did.  The shower curtain that I had found that inspired the whole original update, actually hung really awkwardly.  I tried to ignore it because I really loved the texture the curtain boasted.  But it swooped horribly at the bottom, from what I believe to have been the ruffles in the fabric.  So I returned it.  That's right, I brought back the one piece that was inspiration for the space... and waited things out until I found the perfect replacement.  Which I did!


You will have to forgive me for some of the pictures.  I had the hardest time getting the perfect replica of the colors in the room.  The camera and I were fighting when I took these pictures... we are slowly working things out...


I found the shower curtain on clearance at Target for $19.99 {and I feel even better now that I see it's still full price online}.  Score!  It's a beauty and much higher quality than the original.  Happy dancin' at Target, oh yeah!

But that's not all I swapped out.  This crazy perfectionist started to have issues with the really awesome quatrefoil stencil I did on the backing of the bookshelf.  Because it wasn't really awesome.  To quote my favorite movie from my teenage years, Clueless, "It was a total Monet!"  It looked good from a distance, but up close, so many imperfections to be seen.  And in a teeny tiny bathroom, there is no distance.  It was right in your face obvious that my paint seeped under the stencil too many times...


So I cried.  And then I realized that I had extra wallpaper from my bedroom closet desk makeover!  Enter sigh here!




It really couldn't have worked out more perfectly, between the shower curtain and the paper backed shelving!  I actually made money on the shower curtain {$5 less dollars for the new one} and used paper I already had!  Gotta love when you can make major updates to the space for no cost!

Not much else changed....




Leaving me so happy with the simple updates that made such a difference!

One final before and after:

Before:



 After:


Am I the only one that updated a space due to a piece of inspiration, only to have the inspiration not even make it in the room in the end?  What little updates have you been making to your spaces, that made it feel all dreamy afterward?

0 comments:

Post a Comment