Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Info Post
I feel it is my duty to share when things don't work.  They always say, "If at first you don't succeed, try try again!"  Well, that's exactly what I did.

I tried to use an oil decanter for my dishwashing soap once here:


And that didn't work so great.  I used it for awhile, but it started to drive me insane... so I switched to just leaving an actual bottle of dishwashing soap out on the counter on a white tray:


And then I stumbled across another decanter in a three pack of glass bottles I purchased from Ikea.  It looked like it had a bigger spout and more potential as a pretty dishwashing soap dispenser....



This is the try try again part.  It didn't work.  Again.  Clogs.  Build up.  Sooooooo slow!  I have always heard of individuals loving this decorative way to store dishsoap close at hand {vs. leaving those bulky bottles out on the counter-top}, however, after Strike 2, I have decided to toss in the towel.  I give up.  Calling it a day.  No more oil decanter dishwashing soap dispensers for me.  Nada.  I am officially back to this.


And that is OK with me!  In fact, I adore so much how the soap dispenses out of this bottle, that I don't know why I ever needed to change it in the first place.  And if I ever switch up my dishwashing soaps in the future, I can always reuse this smaller bottle on my counter-top and tuck the bigger bottle away under the sink.

So bottom line, I learned, it's ok to try and try again, but you have to be able to let go and admit defeat sometimes.  I also learned, sometimes, it's better not to mess with a good thing.... Just thought I would pass on the tip to everyone else trying to use a decanter based on my previous posts... or anyone thinking of going that direction in the future....

Anyone else been learning any lessons lately?  How about success stories when something didn't work out so great the first time, yet was a soaring success because you didn't give up right away?


P.S.  I have heard these decanters may work better if you dilute your dishwashing soap first.  I personally decided not to take that extra step...

0 comments:

Post a Comment