Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Info Post
Oh linen closets.  Although I don't really have one {that's right... this house was built with next to zero practical storage}, most people do.  And I get a lot of requests for some linen closet help.  So I am turning this one over to expert organizer and reader, Toni, from A Bowl Full of Lemons!  Be prepared my fine friends, for some awesomeness to be seen!

Toni blogged:

This is unknown territory for me.  Its been one of those "I'll get to it next week" kinna things. If the kids need a blanket, they all come falling down.  

Im a little embarrased to show this area, BUT there are great "after" pictures & it feels good checking it off my list of things to do! 

What do your linen closets look like?
 
Before

I took (almost) everything out and vacuumed the floor.


I have an attraction to quilts, pottery barn & shabby chic bedding


All nice & neatly organized. I wonder how long it will last?


This is what will go in my annual garage sale, in the spring.  There is a ton of pottery barn bedding, etc. My 12 year old said this evening.. "Pretty soon, we are not going to have anything left!"  (I think she may be right).


Doesn't it look pretty now?


I only kept 2 extra sets of sheets per bed.  That's a good rule of thumb.


I still have my 12 year old's Lizzy Mcguire suitcase. My 3 year old uses it now.


One more time...

Before


After

This only took me 1 hour to complete.  If I can do it, you can do it! 



Did you see that!?  1 hour!  That really isn't much, and the long term benefits are beyond worth the time!  And wow.  Look at all those bins for the garage sale!  That's gotta feel INCREDIBLE!

And today, over on her blog, you can see the steps that she took to making her closet organized and lovely, and join in on the fun while you are there!


Thank you Toni for letting me share your fantastic project today!  You are a daily inspiration for me, and for that, I am grateful!

Pssst... Toni is also one of this months blog sponsors!  A perfect fit I tell you!  





P.S.  Have an awesome story to share?  How about some organizing tips and tricks?  Maybe a project completed from an inspiration found?  Please send your story and photos to iheartorganizing@gmail.com and I would heart to feature them right here, on the blog!!  Oh, and no worries my friends, we will NEVER judge "before" pictures because that just wouldn't be nice!  Only love goes on at this blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment